Wednesday 20 January 2010

Too Close For Comfort

Since starting my interim role in September  for a charity, I have been in the rather weird situation of being based at one of my former employers' offices.  So literally I have an ID card, be it a contractor one, can get into all their buildings, bump into former colleagues and friends constantly and so on.

I guess it's been rather weird as I was let go but in some ways have gone full circle.  None of the mad complications of my former employer but in a familiar environment.  Well next week is all change as we're moving East and will have our own temporary home in a week.

A positive in many ways - moving away from the familiar to fully embrace my new job challenge. Distance should make things a bit easier to move on cleanly as at the moment I am a bit too close for comfort.  This won't stop me meeting up with people though.

The main downers comprise of location - not being in central London for the shops and social opportunities plus being so easy to get back home.  Moving Eastwood is certainly going to add to my journey time - having to hop on the Jubilee and Northern line during rush hour means I'll have to awaken from my slumber earlier to battle my way through town and then fight it out on those pesky trains - NNoooooooo. Esp as I've been off sick for past month or so I'd got to the stage where the overall cramped cattle truckesq state of the tube had somehow slipped from my mind.  Next job must be in town or North London please - will add to my list of resolutions :)

No comments:

Post a Comment