Sunday 9 January 2011

I'm back! Have you missed me?

Well the title says it all.  I have not posted anything on here for absolutely ages as I did end up having two jobs in the past year or so.  The first was fun working for a sustainability charity and the second was my attempt at taking on a role in a very corporate environment.  I have come to the conclusion that I am not really a corporate type and thus am now on the market looking for that next all important role.

I started looking for a new role in December - not the best time to be looking for a job that's for sure with Xmas parties and no one looking to commit or do very much.  Being honest I did the minimum and really just touched base with a few agents that I know.  Oh and I had an interview with an architectural practice for a job that I knew I didn't want half way through the interview - stroppy associate line manager and a job chasing after work with no overall business development strategy.  A recipe for chaos if ever there was one. The feedback they gave me when they gave me the brush off was that I could do the role really well but was better suited to a larger company.

Anyway, this blog will focus on my latest job search either back into marketing for professional services firms or charity fundraising.  Wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. Have you considered self-employment/ starting a business. Lots of small businesses need marketing advice/ support and services. Perhaps you could offer your expertise to businesses in your local area? You could always create a free website on gbbo (get british business online) that informs clients of what services you provide. Or perhaps you could try temp work?

    Good luck with job hunting. It's a tough market and I hope a good opportunity comes along soon!

    ReplyDelete