Friday 4 February 2011

Tick Tock Tick Tock

Ooohhh the pain of waiting around for decisions.  Everyone is just too busy to hire - they're running around here there and everywhere so making time to interview let alone make a decision is elongated beyond all comprehension. AAaaarrrggghhh
I had an interview today which went well or at least I think it did, awesome job, awesome team, awesome company.  It's one where I really will have my fingers crossed to getting a positive response.  Strangely if I was writing down what I wanted my next role to look like this company very much fits the bill so it does give me hope that the job I am after isn't some weird unobtainable pipe dream.  So the one thing that I know if that I must persevere.
Right so part of the plan is getting down to the job centre to sign on - just in case the dream job doesn't quite pan out.  I know it'll be traumatic and the likely £40ish quid each fortnight won't make a sizeable dent on my outgoings but hey it's a start.
The other thing will be to network like a demon - my last few jobs I got direct as opposed to through agents so look out the built environment world, I will out there chatting away and seeing if there are roles to be unearthed somewhere.

2 comments:

  1. So how's it going? Did you survive signing on?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Aspod,

    Thanks for asking and yes I did survive signing on and have written about it in my latest

    ReplyDelete