Tuesday 7 May 2013

Why It's always sad to say goodbye


On the tube heading home from what is likely to be the last time that I make the long journey back to mine from my dads place. Today I signed draft contracts in readiness for the final queries to be settled. Plus I am away on holiday next week and want this sale to go through.

As much as I am relieved that the sale is nearing completion it is still sad to say goodbye. Jut over 2 years to the day that we buried him and 18 months since the flat has been on the market. Nd boy has it been a long tough slog. So many hurdle along the way and yet I still just wish I'd taken more time when he was round to look after him, clean up the lat, get him support and generally a what time he had left on this planet just that little bit more comfortable. 

I guess in truth it's regret that is making me sad. 

2 comments:

  1. Last week, my aunts were in the High Court arguing over my grandfather's house, and he's been dead for more than five years, so at least you're not at that level.

    Anyway, the amount we miss them is a measure of how much we loved them. And, yeah, grief will inflate pockets of guilt while erasing those irritating habits that kept us away - I guess it reminds us to put up with irritations in order to get the really important things.

    So enjoy your hols. (I can't believe you scheduled them while the Apprentice is on. :-P ) And BTW have you been marvelling at the government's "positive thinking questionnaire"? We will sanction you if you don't voluntarily take our happy pill...

    ReplyDelete
  2. How's life treating you? Is the job still good? Are you making any progress towards a house and a partner? Is Cait Reilly not a hero?

    ReplyDelete