Friday 7 August 2009

The End of Week 8

Well it has to be said that it's seems like ages since I was checking out the beaches of Thailand, heading to half moon (wicked) and full moon parties (rubbish and full of 18 yr olds being sick!). It's been 8 weeks since I started looking for work. Heading to a networking and self promotion workshop 2 days after landing was the wake up call I needed that I had to get my mind back into that 'finding a job' framework. Bit of a culture shock really as my head was certainly still in the clouds.

Week 8 has been ok. Had 1 interview for a fundraising and events role - the results will be out in a weeks time so fingers and toes crossed as it's a cool job.

Had quite a few calls from recruitment agents with roles mainly in the BD arena but I do have a targeted CV for that so fingers crossed. Things do seem to be picking up for certain good agents - others are still deathly silent.

Done quite a few direct applications too although I am starting to get a bit punch drunk and am starting to get extremely tired of talking about me.

No comments:

Post a Comment