Wednesday 26 August 2009

The Waiting Game!

OK, it has to be said that I am a tad impatient. Actually, that's a slight understatement - I am very impatient. Waiting for a response is a major part of job hunting and the current economic climate makes the wait take even longer. Loads more sign off from superiors, interviewers taking time to make a decision, consider that decision, review that decision before even considering implementing that decision. This means that more days tick by and candidates are on tenterhooks. Have they made it through to round 2 of 3; where similar waits will undoubtedly ensue.

Cutting to the chase I am waiting to hear back from 2 interviews (yes I have chased) and feedback from a role I didn't get. So come on recruiters have some balls and start making those all important calls. Don't they know that the economy is on the way up (some survey said so at the beginning of the work so don't shoot the messenger - I don't believe it either).

2 comments:

  1. Hiya,

    I've just been reading your blog after reading one of your posts on the Guardian website. It's bizarrely like looking into a mirror... I'm a marketer and my last job came to an end in April and I'm looking for positions in the charity/nfp field - at least something ethical that's not about shifting a product nobody needs in order to line the pockets of fat cat shareholders.

    You have totally hit the nail on the head with your comments about recruitment consultants. Sometimes it seems like they call you up just to add their tally of leads chased for the day. Either that or they're just a bit bored and lonely and fancy a chat. It's also a bit frustrating being put forward for totally irrelevant roles. I suspect this is a combination of trying to present a quota of applicants to the client, whilst carefully selecting the applicants so that one stands out above the others and they get their commission. Maybe I'm just being cynical. Maybe the alternative hypothesis is just as unsavoury.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and good luck with the waiting game. I think I have the ticket after you!

    ReplyDelete