Tuesday 21 June 2011

Just Do It!

I can't believe that it's almost the end of June, time is certainly flying.  Well what's been happening with me

Jobhunt stuff - well it's all systems go.  I am still applying for jobs, not just any job but the right job. Being slightly picky makes sense as if the job is not right there is no point in time.  Started to get asked what I have been doing for the past 6 months my fav response has been "sitting on my fat arse all day!" - ok I only say that to agents who I have known for a long time and it is said in a comic manner.  Gotta add some humour to my day or else life would be rather dull.  
Anyway the perseverance seems to be paying off and now have two interviews coming up in the next week or so. Fingers and toes crossed everyone. 

Start Up - being a bit of a procrastinator I am still working on my business plan and have been to a business bootcamp at the British Library.  The British Library IP Centre is brilliant and being the geek I am, heading to conduct market research is pure pleasure.   Zzzzzzzz I'm sure I can hear some of you cry! Well I am getting there, have some useful lists etc. so that I can develop my plan of action and forecasts. My first quote to my first potential client has been sent so I am definitely headed in the right direction.

Had lunch with one of my former bosses today which was good.  He thinks my business idea is a goer and use the immortal line "Just get out there and do it". Fired up, I am now booked into loads of networking events and have my business cards at the ready - I will be heading out and about and selling my wares. 

No comments:

Post a Comment