Thursday 19 April 2012

35 - the best age in life?

Not often that I neglect my blog but of late I have had a serious case of writers block. At work I spend my time writing copy all the time that it's all coming to me easily but then I get home and the last thing I want to do is write more even on more enjoyable topics.

So where's my life at at the moment?  Well I turn 35 next week - another milestone and just read a piece that 35 is meant to the best point in someone's life so I will definitely be putting that one to the test. If it's true I very much look forward to letting you all know in the coming year.  If it's not, I'm sure I will let you know that too - always good to have blogging material. Although that whole thing about 35 being the time when your life is sorted in terms of relationships, home and career are all still up in the air for me though I do kind of have an idea about where I want to go and am working my way towards them. Fingers and toes crossed that life gets sorted out in the way I'd like.




4 comments:

  1. Well Happy Birthday for next week, you young'un. :-P I'm sorry to break it to you, but I don't think 35 was the best year of my life - I'd be tempted to go for something in single digits. Those years at university weren't bad, either.

    How's the new boss?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hhmm new boss isn't coming across to well. Will try and keep an open mind but...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo, now you've gotta gossip. Because whenever I've had a new boss, their first day has been a good indicator of whether they're good, bad or average. Leadership is about tone and about pointing people in the right direction, and that's something which is obvious straight away, even if it takes time to figure out exactly how good or bad they are.

    So are they impairing-your-job bad or just bad-at-their-job bad? And have your boss's bosses noticed?

    ReplyDelete
  4. HHHmmm bold, brash, forthright and the list goes on. She's being given a free rein so a lot of the good stuff from the past is likely to be wiped out very very quickly. Once it's gone, it's gone.

    ReplyDelete