Thursday 16 July 2009

Interviews - now just where is that hoop!

OK - I am chuffed that I managed to get 2 interviews this week. No mean feat in the current climate. Just 4 weeks into my job search so have to keep on going on that endless treadmill of applications.

Hhhmm, interview number one was the job that I wanted. It was a role in fundraising for a university. Of course there were many hoops to jump through. A 20 mins written test, a 10 min presentation (about developing a fundraising strategy), followed by a 3 panel interview. OK, that was a pretty intense process for someone who hasn't worked since the beginning of April. I was shattered once it was done but also somewhat elated. Anyway, I thought I performed well but what do I know? Needless to say I had the thanks but no thanks email waiting for me by lunchtime the next day.

Interview number 2 almost got off to a bad start. I was running late or at least I thought I was. Turns out the recruitment agent gave me the wrong time - half an hour too soon. So the fact that I rang the interviewer to apologise for running late was news to him. Turns out my mad dash from the tube to get there was unnecessary. I didn't need to work up a thin layer of sweat after all! Ho hum, the interview went fine. The upshot is the role is busy and technically I would be selling my soul to the devil. I would have no life but earn lots. One to ponder - that is if they want me in the 1st place.

No comments:

Post a Comment