Monday 20 July 2009

Psychometric Testing Sucks

Yes it certainly does. Why oh why should I be tested like I was a good 15 years ago in school? What is the point in assessing whether or not I can do calculations like ratios etc? It's stuff that I have never really had to use in an office and when I have had at least I had time on my side to check and double check my answers.

Aarrggghhh, the verbal reasoning online test I just sat was OK or at least I completed it within the time limit and could see where it was coming from. The mathematical one was a 'mare. My mind could not compute what they were after even with my speedy expert texting fingers making smoke on my calculator. My brain could not decipher those numbers at the necessary speed. 2 mins left and I still had a 3rd of the test left. Needless to say I guessed the last load of questions. Maybe this is the strategy I should have used throughout and may have been more successful. Who knows - I will be awaiting to see if I make it forward to the next hoop jumping part of this job process. But maybe I will be cast aside due to new found mathematical incompetence and verbal reasoning illiteracy! :)

Who cares quite frankly - not really fussed by this job it does have to be said.

No comments:

Post a Comment