Thursday 10 March 2011

It's Good To Talk

Well I'm sitting here with a cold that has gone on for two days. Maybe sitting in front of the laptop with a temperature and a headache isn't the best idea but I feel that ranting or should that be writing!

As the headline says, it's good to talk.  I went to an exhibition last week and managed to talk to quite a few people.  It was nice to be back in the world that I love, buildings and the environment.  Managed to bump into three of my former bosses which was cool.  Chatting to one of them who I will meet with next week to have a chat as she may have something job wise that may be of interest.

Aside from talking led to a consultant telling me to look at a job that is being advertised at the moment and I also got chatting to a Director at a drinks reception who said I should send him my CV.

People think I am a natural when it comes to talking and networking but it has to be said that there are days when that is the last thing in the world that I can or want to do.  Luckily aside from having sore feet from wandering around ExCeL all day, I was in pretty high spirits. More opportunities cropped up in that one day than had done for weeks proving that it's good to talk to get that next job.

2 comments:

  1. Any luck yet? (I'd wish you a speedy recovery from the cold - but if you've got the one I've just had, it'll take weeks to get over it. :( )

    ReplyDelete
  2. No luck but have had some good chats on the job front. The cold is still lingering went to the gym on Tuesday which was a bad idea - it soon became obvious that I was still rather sick.

    ReplyDelete